15 Blogs with Instructions for Creating a Spooktacular YardNovember 10, 2013 | in Housekeeping
Halloween is one of the few times during the year that you can really go crazy with yard decorations. Your yard essentially becomes a stage where you can tell a story, whether it’s a cemetery, the Headless Horseman or some other spooky tale. However, since it’s only one day out of the year, you probably don’t want to spend a fortune on decorations. These 15 blogs are packed with outdoor decorating ideas you can use to create a spooktacular Halloween set up, and even supply you with some budget-friendly ideas for making your own props. Happy spooking!
The tutorials in these five blogs show different ways you can inexpensively make your own spooky props instead of spending a fortune at the Halloween store. You can make everything from faux dead bodies to grave markers to flying bats, and all without breaking the bank!
- How to Decorate Your House for Halloween on the Cheap Utilize fallen leaves to cover up some pant legs and dirty shoes in the front yard for a zombie-like effect.
- Cheap Halloween Decorations to Spook Up Your Front Yard Your trees can become hauntingly eerie with the addition of cobwebs and bats.
- Decorating Your Yard for Halloween This post has lots of inexpensive ideas for decorating your yard.
- Decorate Your Home for Halloween—Cheap and Quick! Fill up old costumes and hide them around to make it seem like different creatures are watching.
- Easy Halloween Ideas Create a witch parking area with scary brooms, a candlelit walkway and some hanging spiders.
Front Yard Fun
The front yard is the area that welcomes your party guests or trick-or-treaters on Halloween. Create a slightly creepy front yard or a truly frightening one using some of the ideas in these five blog posts. Whether you want to tackle a big Halloween project, like a life-size Halloween tree, or something less involved like headstones, you’ll find the instructions to help here.
- How to Decorate Your Home with Homemade Halloween Decorations Learn how to make tombstones to create a spooky graveyard in your front yard.
- How to Decorate Outdoors for Halloween Take a look at these pictures of some eerie yard décor that you can recreate in your own yard.
- Halloween Tree Combine chicken wire and papier-mâché to make this spooky tree that has faces coming out of the wood.
- Build a Giant Spider Web This giant spider web will be the perfect addition to your front door.
- Decorate Your Yard for Halloween Follow the steps described in this blog post to make your yard look like the one in the picture.
Backyard Party Décor
Are you having a Halloween party this year? If so, you’ll need to dress up the inside and the outside of your home. Depending on the size of your yard, you may want to scale up your decorating or scale it down for a more intimate gathering. The ideas in these five blogs will help you set the mood for a spooktacular party.
- How to Decorate Your Backyard for a Halloween Party Use spider webs and glowing pumpkins to give your backyard a spooky vibe for your party.
- Outdoor Halloween Decorating Ideas Create some ghosts in the trees by hanging sheets over balls.
- 10 Hardcore DIY Halloween Projects The video on this post provides the perfect inspiration for those people that really get into the Halloween mood.
- Halloween Yard Décor: The Best Outdoor Halloween Decorations Download these instructions to create a truly spooky yard for your guests.
- Halloween Decoration: Refreshing Ideas for Halloween Yard Take your design cues from the pictures on this blog post to up the scare factor in your back yard this year.
Comments are closed.
Search for Housekeepers
- June 2014
- May 2014
- April 2014
- March 2014
- February 2014
- January 2014
- December 2013
- November 2013
- October 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012