15 Blogs with the Best Tips for Organizing Your BookshelvesOctober 21, 2013 | in Housekeeping
Bookshelves have a knack for attracting more than just books, and over time you may find that your bookshelves are overflowing with stuff and in need of a good cleaning. To begin your bookshelf organization project, clear off anything and everything that’s accumulated on the shelves and give the whole structure a thorough cleaning. Then, decide what you want to put back onto the shelves and what you’re ready to get rid of. As you restock the shelves, try mixing it up by using both decorative items and books. These 15 blogs explain options for each step of the organization process and offer up inspiration with examples of well-organized bookshelves.
Whittling Your Book Collection
To begin your project, gather all of the books in your house and put them in a central location. Bring in two boxes to separate books into; use one for donations and one for recycling. Try to only keep and organize your favorite books. If you find that you have books that you want to keep for sentimental reasons, you may want a third box that you can fill and keep in storage. These five blogs will help you determine which books will stay and which will go.
- Are Your Bookshelves Full of Friends? Or Strangers and Houseguests? Read this blog post for a simple method of deciding whether a book stays or goes.
- Got Books? Tips to Decluttering and Organizing Your Personal Library Gather all of your books together and gauge whether you will ever read them again. If not, donate them.
- Reduce, Rethink, Reorganize Books This blogger has new ideas on how to reduce the number of books that you hold onto. Read further to see if these methods will work for you.
- 5 Tips to Organize Your Bookshelves The tips in this post will help you reduce the number of books that you own so that you will have fewer to put back on your shelves.
- Creative Tips for Organizing Your Cluttered Bookshelves Reduce the number of books you have by analyzing each book in your collection. Assess whether you will ever need it or read it again. For more information on how to do this, read this blog post.
Adding Decorative Elements
A well styled bookshelf has open spaces and is free from clutter. It’s important to balance the look of the shelves, and you can do so by stacking the books on the left side of the shelf in one area and the right side of the shelf in another area. You will want to stand some books up and lay other books down to add interest to your bookshelf. Examples of these and other ideas can be found in these five blogs entries.
- A Saturday Morning Project: How to Prop Your Bookshelves Check out this blogger’s advice on how to add decorative elements to your bookshelves to make them look open and interesting.
- Bookcase Styling Take a look at the photos on this blog to get ideas on how to mix books and decorative elements on your bookshelves.
- Creative Ways to Style Your Boring Bookshelves Learn how to make your bookshelves the focal point of your room instead of an eyesore.
- Our Favorite Things: Accents for Your Bookshelves Keep your eyes open for conversation starter pieces like this globe or hanging clock to add interest to your bookshelves.
- Organizing and Arranging Bookshelves These examples of well-arranged bookshelves may inspire you to add decorative items to your bookshelves.
Organizing Your Shelves
How you organize the books in your bookcase will be dictated by how you want to find your books. You can organize them by genre or in alphabetical order. Some people organize their books by size or color. The important thing is that you are able to find the book you are looking for with ease while still having the bookshelf look neat and organized. The various methods of organizing books are described in these five blogs.
- The Importance of Organizing Your Bookshelves Learn how to organize your books by category to make them simpler to locate when you need to find them.
- Book Shelf Tour: How Do You Organize Your Shelf? Do you organize your books by size or author? Read this post to see how this blogger chooses to organize.
- Would You Organize Your Books by Color? Take a look at these photos of book collections to see the end result of organizing your books by color. It’s an attractive look if you can remember what color the book is that you’re looking for.
- 5 Steps to Organize Your Bookshelves Follow these tips on how to sort and arrange your books and accessories to create bookshelves you can be proud of.
- 6 Ways to Organize Your Books Look through these six ways to organize your books and see if any of these methods might be right for you and your collection of books.
Comments are closed.
Search for Housekeepers
- June 2014
- May 2014
- April 2014
- March 2014
- February 2014
- January 2014
- December 2013
- November 2013
- October 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012