18 Blogs Illustrating How to Create the Perfect Mantel for All OccasionsApril 7, 2013 | in Housekeeping
Some people decorate their mantel for different holidays, while others decorate it once and leave it there all year long. By basing your mantel decorations on your decorating style, you should be able to have a mantel that will work for all seasons. Whether your decorating style is modern, country or contemporary, you will be able to find some ideas for decorating on these 18 blog entries.
A modern mantel will contain clean lines, little to no small items, statement pieces and probably some metal. Sometimes mantels decorated in a modern home will just have a huge mirror leaning against the wall. Modern design is clean and minimalistic. You may also find clear glass on a modern mantle. For more ideas check out these six blog posts.
- Modern Fireplace Decorating Ideas Some modern mantles are shown with mirrors or minimal accessories.
- 15 Traditional Mantel Designs While the title suggests a traditional slant to these designs, many would be appropriate for a modern design as well.
- Modern Homes with Fireplaces, Beautiful Mantel Designs A mix of designs can be found on this post.
- Modern Fireplace Mantel Design in Dallas, Texas A marble mantel with only a few things on it is shown.
- Modern Mantel Decorating Ideas A monochromatic design is shown for this mantel.
- 10 Inspired Ways to Refresh Your Mantel Now Some of these ideas have a modern twist and will give you some inspiration for decorating your own mantel.
When decorating with a country feel, you might want to use distressed woods, antiques, lace or floral fabrics in your design. Country is a casual design and can incorporate little figurines. There’s also a French country feel, so it would depend on what you like. Here are six blog articles explaining how to plan your mantel and to get ideas on how to create the country feel you are looking for on your mantel.
- How to Decorate a Mantel An informative tutorial can be found on this blog post.
- Mantel Decorating Several pictures showing country mantel decorations to give you some ideas.
- Spring Mantel: How to Decorate This article is specifically for a spring mantel, but with a few tweaks this mantel would work all year round.
- How to Decorate a Junk Style Mantel Junk is another word for antiques in this case.
- Old World Style Tuscan Mantel While this design isn’t country per se, it has a lot of the same elements that you might find on a country mantel.
- Adventures in Decorating a Mantel A humorous post about creating this mantel and the conversation she had with her husband about it.
Creating a contemporary mantel design isn’t difficult. Contemporary design has elements of other styles. The contemporary mantel won’t have a lot of stuff on it, but the items it does have will be balanced. You don’t typically see an asymmetrical mantel in a contemporary home. Patterns and colors tend to be bold without a lot of patterns. If patterns are used, they are geometric patterns. Keep in mind that there are exceptions to every rule and you can do what pleases you. Check out these six blogs and get some ideas of what you might be able to pull off in your own home.
- Ideas to Decorate Your Mantel Many pictures of various contemporary design ideas for your mantel.
- References on How to Decorate a Fireplace Mantel This blogger makes suggestions on how you can take your base design and can tweak it for each holiday without spending a lot of money.
- How to Decorate a Mantel: Use the “Three Plus One” Rule By showing pictures and making comments about each one, this blogger helps give you ideas on how you can decorate your own mantel.
- How To: Decorate Your Fireplace Mantel Using photos this blogger explains the many ways you could decorate your mantel without spending a lot.
- How to Decorate Your Mantel Watch a video while getting instructions on different styles of mantel design.
- 10 Inspirations for Mantel Decorating A few of these ideas are geared toward holiday mantels, but there are several tips for all occasion mantels.
Comments are closed.
Search for Housekeepers
- June 2014
- May 2014
- April 2014
- March 2014
- February 2014
- January 2014
- December 2013
- November 2013
- October 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012