18 Blogs to Help You Make Dazzling Butterflies to Decorate Your House for SpringMarch 6, 2013 | in Housekeeping
The butterfly is a classic symbol of spring with its bright wings and delicate body. Craft butterflies are a great way to decorate your house in anticipation for the springtime, and making butterflies doesn’t have to be difficult. If you have paper and a little time, you can start making butterflies. There are many ways to make butterflies, as is evident with these 18 blog posts. You can make butterflies out of food and create a spring meal or just a fun surprise as a snack, or create paper ones that can be placed around the house. For a more grown up look you can make butterflies out of materials other than paper, such as aluminum cans, old vinyl records or felt. Take a look and be inspired.
Using paper to make butterflies is probably one of the least complicated ways to create them. After all, everyone has paper around. You and an older child can try your hand at origami butterflies, or you can create simple butterflies using a bathroom tissue roll and some construction paper with your preschooler. No matter how you do it, a butterfly is a magical creature of spring. These six blog entries will show you how to create your own.
- How to Make an Origami Butterfly This video about how to create an origami butterfly is simple to follow.
- 10 How-To Videos of Crafts for Preschoolers You Can Make in One Hour Scroll down until you see the video on the simple fan butterfly project.
- DIY: How to Make Your Own Butterfly Place Cards for the Wedding Reception You don’t have to use these butterflies for a wedding reception. In fact, you don’t even need to use them for place cards; they would look stylish perched on a glass.
- Paper Roll Butterfly or Elephant Instructions on how to recycle a cardboard tube into a butterfly.
- Paper Butterfly Art This blogger created a sweet butterfly mobile that would be perfect in a little girl’s bedroom.
- Butterfly Sun Catchers Find instructions for creating these simple sun catchers out of construction paper and recycled tissue paper.
One simple way to decorate your home is by decorating the food on your table. It may not last long, but your family will surely enjoy having a springtime reminder during mealtimes. Find breakfast butterflies, cookies or dessert topping butterflies on these six blog posts.
- How To: Make a Chocolate Butterfly Cake Decoration
You don’t have to be an expert chocolatier or cake decorator to make these fascinating chocolate butterflies.
- How to Make Waffle Butterflies Make butterflies out of waffles and fruit to surprise your family on the first day of spring, or any day when you need a little springtime pick-me-up.
- How to Make Sugar Butterflies; McGreevy Cakes Tutorial Watch a video on how to make gum paste butterflies.
- Butterfly Cupcakes Using pretzels and frosting, this post shows you how to create butterflies on top of cupcakes, and is simple enough that the kids could help.
- The Marbling Technique and Butterfly Cookies This blogger shows step-by-step instructions on how to make marbled butterfly cookies.
- Butterfly Sugar Cookies Watch a video on how to swirl and blend two colors of royal icing together to make a fancy butterfly cookie.
There are other mediums that work well when creating butterflies. While reading through these six blog articles, you may come up with your own ideas on how you can make butterflies for your home. Check out the post about making butterflies out of empty aluminum soda cans or pour resin on a paper cut-out to create a magnet that looks like the butterfly is about to take flight.
- Drink Can Butterflies Step-by-step instructions on how to turn soda cans into beautiful butterflies.
- Brilliant 3D Butterflies This video shows you how to make a necklace and earrings, but says you can make magnets with the same process.
- DIY: Vinyl Butterflies This craft is a really ingenious way to upcycle some old albums.
- How to Make Butterflies Learn how to make denim and felt butterflies with stuff you have around the house.
- Diaper Butterflies A different way to give a mother-to-be a bunch of diapers in an imaginative way.
- Butterfly Feet—A Craft You Can Make with Your Kids Create butterflies using painted footprints from your kids.
Comments are closed.
Search for Housekeepers
- June 2014
- May 2014
- April 2014
- March 2014
- February 2014
- January 2014
- December 2013
- November 2013
- October 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012