20 Blogs on How to Host a Chili Cook-OffMay 6, 2013 | in Housekeeping
If you’re trying to plan your next party, why not host a chili cook-off? Chili cook-offs are a fun twist on a typical potluck party, and a little friendly competition is a great way to get everyone mingling. You can also do chili cook-offs when you’re tailgating or if you’re having a big watch party for your favorite sports team. In the 20 blog entries below you can find tips for creating invitations, rules and scoring, side dishes and chili recipes. Add some drinks and you have a party!
The informal nature of a chili cook-off allows you to use whatever kind of invitation that you want. Gather up your friends and their secret chili recipes, then invite some impartial judges over to sample each batch. Evites are the perfect way to invite a big group of people, and if you’re doing a block party in the neighborhood you might want to post flyers on your street. For invitation or flyer ideas, check out these five blog posts.
- How to Host a Chili Cook-Off Party You can download invitations and helpful information about hosting a cook-off from this blog.
- It’s Almost Time… Go paperless with this invitation idea.
- Chili Cook-Off Invitations These are the perfect chili cook-off invitations – they’re easy to have printed and require very little effort on your part.
- First Annual Chili King Cook-Off! Take a look at this chili cook-off flyer; it’s perfect for a neighborhood cook-off.
- Chili Cook-Off Flyer This blogger shares an idea on how you can make your own flyer for a chili cook-off.
Rules and Scoring
Don’t get too stressed out about the rules and the scoring. Remember that it’s all in fun and that you are just getting together with friends to have a good time. Whether you’re making it official with score cards or just swapping favorites with friends, it’s sure to be a good time! For those that want some rules and scoring sheets, you can find them in the five blog entries here.
- Spice Up a Little Competition at Your Next Party by Hosting a Chili Cook-Off! Learn some rules and guidelines from this blog post.
- Chili Cook-Off! Check out the clever score sheet on this blog entry.
- How to Host a Chili Cook-Off Download a score sheet from this blog article and get some tips about how to get started.
- Chili Cook-Off Ideas Take a look at the rules that this blogger has laid out and see if you like her ideas.
- How to Host a Chili Cook-Off! There’s a downloadable score sheet on this post, along with a bunch of general ideas for your cook-off.
Chili can get kind of spicy, so providing some sides that cool down the palate might be a good idea. If you want to go the traditional route, try serving up some corn bread. You can also throw together a salad or provide some crackers to cleanse the palate between tastings if you want. These five blog articles will give you some more ideas about side dishes.
- Spice Up a Little Competition at Your Next Party by Hosting a Chili Cook-Off! This post suggests serving mini cornbread muffins with your chili.
- How to Host a Neighborhood Cook-Off You can find ideas for snacks and appetizers to include with your chili in this article.
- Chili Cook-Off Party This blogger has some insightful ideas for sides to offer at your cook-off.
- Jodhpuri Aloo Recipe/ Easy Side Dish Recipes Make some baby potatoes to eat with the chili.
- Warm Artichoke & Parmesan Dip Try this creamy dip to cool down your taste buds between chili tastings.
You may have your own favorite chili recipe, but in case you don’t or you want to provide your guests with different chili choices, here are five blogs with different chili recipes. Feel free to tweak these recipes and make them your own for the cook-off.
- Newfangled Cowtown White Chicken Chili for Labor Day Enjoy this recipe for white chicken chili.
- Chili Cook-Off Be a fly on the wall and check out the recipe for this blogger’s entry into a chili cook-off.
- Top 4 Chili Recipes See if any of these recipes inspire you to enter a cook-off.
- Take the Chill Off with Chili If you like to see your spoon stand up in your bowl of chili, this is the recipe for you!
- Vegetarian Chili Recipe Just in case you have any vegetarians in the bunch, here’s a chili that everyone can try.
Comments are closed.
Search for Housekeepers
- June 2014
- May 2014
- April 2014
- March 2014
- February 2014
- January 2014
- December 2013
- November 2013
- October 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012