21 Blogs Featuring the Best Tips for Decorating Your Outdoor Living AreasOctober 24, 2013 | in Housekeeping
Outdoor living spaces allow you to expand your home’s square footage and enjoy the outdoors at the same time. Spending time on your front porch visiting with neighbors used to be the norm, but as people’s lives have gotten busier that practice has fallen by the wayside. There has been a resurgence for the simpler things in life in recent years, though, and outdoor living spaces have been making a comeback. However, instead of relaxing on a porch swing, people are creating entire living room spaces outdoors. In these 21 blogs you’ll find inspiration for decorating any of your outdoor living spaces.
The patio is often an extension of the house, and this is especially true when you try some of these tips for dressing up your patio with furniture and an area rug. Make sure that everything you take outside is weather resistant. Consider buying neutral colors for the furniture and adding pops of color with accent pillows and accessories. Take a look at these seven blogs for more inspiration.
- Garden Craft Ideas to Decorate Outdoor Living Spaces Make sure that you have comfortable seating in your outdoor living area.
- Outdoor Living Spaces are a Beautiful Thing Use an area rug to define your space and to cozy up the “room.”
- 7 Backyard Decoration Ideas By using the same color scheme outside as you do in your living room you can bring some of your accessories from the inside out to the backyard.
- Steps to Create an Ideal Outdoor Living Room Don’t limit yourself; make sure that you think of your outdoor room just like any other room.
- Great Outdoor Decoration Ideas for Your Patio If you are planning to entertain, make sure that you have enough seating to accommodate your guests.
- Outdoor Living Room Ideas Create a Warmth Outside Lighting is an important aspect of your outdoor space to take into consideration as you begin to design and decorate it.
- Furniture Decorating Outdoor Living Spaces To ensure your outdoor space’s furniture lasts longer, make sure that it is weather proof.
Creating a cozy sitting area on your porch can prove to be a challenge because it’s in the front of your home. You can give the area privacy by screening off the ends of the porch with lattice and climbing plants. If your porch is covered, the items you place out there will be a bit more sheltered than if they were sitting out in the open, so you may have a few more design options there as well. Take a look at more design ideas in these seven blogs.
- Home Tips and Tricks: Front Porch Decorating Ideas—Light it Up with Lanterns! You need to make sure that your outdoor living space is well lit, so why not use lanterns?
- Outdoor Decorating Ideas Keep in mind the size of your space and use furniture that will comfortably fit in it without over-crowding it.
- Outdoor Porch and Terrace Decorating Ideas Make your porch cozy by adding some privacy with lattice and a climbing vine.
- A Cheater’s Guide to Outdoor Curtains Look at shower liners as a way to get weather resistant curtains for your porch.
- Decorating Tips for Porches Nail down your outdoor rugs on the porch so that you don’t have a tripping hazard.
- Perfect Porch Ideas for Outdoor Living Take a look at these porch swings to see if there are any that would work for your outdoor living space.
- Exterior Facelift/ Porch Decorating Ideas Start with comfortable seating and an area rug and accessorize as you would inside your house for a cozy and inviting spot.
You can create a living wall anywhere in your yard. If you need a privacy fence, you can use a living wall instead. Unlike a board fence, however, the living wall takes a while to mature. Living walls can help define spaces in the yard and make the area seem cozier. To see photos of living walls and examples of how they can be used, check out these seven blogs.
- How to: Make a DIY Outdoor Living Plant Wall This simple project will add some privacy to your porch or create a wall for your outdoor room.
- Ways to Make Your Outdoor Space Better with a Living Wall Increase the size of your living space by moving outdoors. This blog post explains how adding a living wall will give some structure to your outdoor living space.
- Create Your Own Vertical Garden Vertical gardens not only lend a sense of privacy, but also allow you to grow more plants in a small area.
- Creating Privacy with Living Fences Take a look at this lush living fence that will give you privacy in your yard so that you can enjoy your outdoor spaces.
- Best PVC Pipe Ideas for Outdoor Living and Gardening Using chains and copper gutters a living wall can be hung on one end of a porch for added privacy.
- Living Walls: How They Can Improve Your House and Your Overall Health Plants filter out harmful pollution, so having a living wall can improve your air quality according to this blog.
- How to Plant a Lush Living Wall Learn how to create your own living wall to enhance any outdoor living space you may have.
Comments are closed.
Search for Housekeepers
- June 2014
- May 2014
- April 2014
- March 2014
- February 2014
- January 2014
- December 2013
- November 2013
- October 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012