24 Blogs Explaining How to Make Your Own Natural Pesticides for the GardenJuly 15, 2013 | in Housekeeping
While pesticides are necessary when it comes to keeping your plants alive, commercially available pesticides can be harmful for your garden and your houseplants. When used in a garden, the vegetables end up coated with a harmful spray that affects any wild life that consumes the plants, as well as your family. Even ground water can become contaminated. By using homemade natural remedies, however, you can be sure that everything is organic and safe if ingested. Take a look at these 24 blog entries to learn recipes for making your own pesticides.
Aphids, slugs and many other types of pests can cause extensive damage to your vegetable crop. Often, these insects can cause so much damage that you may not be able to harvest anything. However, by mixing up a batch of homemade insecticide you can treat the bugs and prevent any further damage to your crop. For pesticide recipes for vegetable plants, check out these six blog articles.
- Homemade Pesticides for Your Garden Try this recipe for a spicy spray that will treat aphids on your tomato plants.
- DIY: Homemade Organic Pesticides for Your Garden This organic farmer shares a recipe for a spray that can be used on vegetables.
- How to Make Homemade Pesticide for Your Vegetable Garden Watch this video to learn how to put together ingredients that create a spray to treat caterpillars.
- DIY: Homemade & Organic Pesticide Follow the recipe on this blog post to mix up a batch of pesticides that you can spray on your garden.
- Homemade Organic Pesticides Take a look at these three different solutions to use on various pests that you might find in your garden.
- Natural and Homemade Pesticide Alternatives for Your Organic Garden This recipe uses Murphy’s Oil soap and baking soda to treat and kill the bugs eating your plants.
Have you ever looked at a rose that had holes in its leaves? This is an indication that the rose in unhealthy and needs to be treated with an insecticide. Homemade solutions allow you to keep your flowers healthy and ensure that your family and pets stay safe. In addition, homemade solutions are much cheaper than their store-bought counterparts. Read through these six blog posts to find various homemade treatments for flowering plants.
- 10 Homemade Organic Pesticides The recipes on this post are good for treating various pests that you may find in your flower garden.
- Homemade Pesticides and Bug Sprays This tobacco recipe creates a very tough pesticide for when you really need to kill some bugs in your flower garden. It may not be safe on some vegetables, though.
- Easy Homemade Pesticide Sprays You’ll find several different sprays and explanations of the types of bugs they work on in this post.
- Homemade Pesticide Recipe This simple recipe is for both flowers and vegetables, and uses ingredients you probably already have on hand.
- Homemade Pesticides: Inexpensive, Effective and Environmentally Friendly Several recipes can be found on this blog post that work on both pests and weeds.
- Organic Homemade Pesticide Solutions There are eight different homemade pesticides on this post.
Everyone wants the fruit that they pick off of their fruit trees to be smooth and blemish free, but if you are fighting an insect infestation you’ll likely find that you’re picking more damaged fruit than not. To combat this, you’ll need a spray insecticide that isn’t harmful if ingested. These six blog entries will give you options for treating your fruit trees.
- Make Homemade Pesticide Several simple homemade pesticide recipes are shared on this post, including several for fruit trees.
- Looking for Homemade Insecticides? Check out the recipe for this homemade aphid spray that will prevent them from eating your entire fruit crop.
- Homemade Fruit Tree Spray Learn about several interesting methods for taking care of pests the natural way.
- Oil Fruit Tree Spray—Winter Insecticide This oil spray will smother the eggs and insects over the winter.
- Pesticides Read about the many different methods you can mix up at home for different bug treatments.
- Why Safe Garden Insecticide? This blogger explains some homemade solutions and offers a comparison for homemade treatments and store bought organic ones.
Gnats, fruit flies and other insects can get into your house and live on your houseplants, destroying them in the process. There are several different ways you can treat your houseplants for these bugs, and you’ll find many different solutions in the following six blog posts. Take a look and see if you can match the pesticide to the pest to have the most success.
- Homemade Pesticide Quality Recipes Find several options for mixing up pesticides with the help of this blog post.
- Homemade Pesticides If you have kids and pets around the house, you may want to use an organic pesticide on your houseplants to make sure that your kids don’t come in contact with any harsh chemicals.
- Natural Homemade Pesticide: Recipes & Tips Read through the information in this article thoroughly to learn how to prepare and use these solutions safely.
- Homemade Pesticide Recipe There are two remedies for bugs found on houseplants listed on this blog post.
- Homemade Insecticide Mix up a batch of this garlic spray to get rid of any pests that are bothering your houseplants.
- Neem Oil Insecticide and Fungicide Learn all about Neem oil and how it works on houseplants when mixed with baking soda and other household ingredients.
Comments are closed.
Search for Housekeepers
- June 2014
- May 2014
- April 2014
- March 2014
- February 2014
- January 2014
- December 2013
- November 2013
- October 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012