24 Blogs with Tips for Making Your Home Look Bright and AiryJuly 22, 2013 | in Housekeeping
Brightening up your home can breathe new life into worn furniture and drab walls. Fresh paint gives rooms a clean, fresh look. Minimizing furniture opens rooms up and makes them feel more spacious. Taking advantage of natural lighting whenever possible helps to give rooms an airy feel. There are a number of ways you can take advantage of these tips, so if you’re trying to transform your own home take a look at these 24 blog posts.
Contrary to popular belief, you do not have to paint your walls white in order to achieve a bright and airy room. Ice blue, light green and other muted, neutral colors can achieve a brighter space. To balance the color, keep the woodwork white. For more painting tips take a look at these six blog entries.
- Interior Design Isn’t Just for the Pros! These Tips Can Help You Get Your Home Picture Perfect! To bring some brightness into a room that lacks windows, try painting the walls a light, bright color.
- Creating a Brighter and More Spacious Room While windows are important in a room, it is also important to paint in light colors so that the natural light can reflect.
- 7 Quick Decorating Makeover Tips for Any Space To make a room seem bright and airy use a light colored paint.
- Modern Interior Design and Décor Ideas to Use Stylish Blue and Green Color Hues When painting, you can use colors that remind you of the sea, either as the wall paint or as accent colors on a neutral background.
- How Color Can Give Your Home a New Lease on Life To really maximize the benefits of the paint colors you pick, think about when the sun hits in your room and how paint colors will look in different lighting.
- White or Color?—Color Tips for Various Rooms Each room serves a different purpose, and the right colors can cultivate the atmosphere you’re trying to achieve.
To achieve a bright, airy feel in your bedroom, let in as much natural light as you can. Avoid using heavy blinds or curtains to cover windows, and make sure the furniture size complements the size of the room. By creating as much visual space as possible you can open up a room of any size. Check out these six blog articles for more tips on decorating a bedroom.
- Make Your Dorm Room a Bright and Airy Place When kids go away to college their dorm room becomes home away from home, which is why making it a welcoming place is key.
- Tips to Make Your Bedroom Feel Larger Remove clutter, make sure the furniture fits the size of the room and add some interest to the ceiling to make your bedroom feel like a larger space.
- Decorating Idea for Small Spaces Allow the bed to be the main focal point of the room and limit the furniture to one or two pieces to make the room to feel open and airy.
- Summer Home Décor Tips Bring light, airy colors into the room through new accents and bright throw pillows.
- Interior Design—How Do I Renovate a Dark and Gloomy Bedroom to Make It Bright and Airy? Read this post to learn about the colors you should use in a bedroom to make it restful.
- Small Spot on Space—Three Tips to Decorating a Tiny Apartment Check out the picture of the bedroom, and note that the colors are light and there isn’t a lot of furniture.
While natural light is very important, there are times when there just isn’t enough. When adding lighting to a room, avoid harsh fluorescent lights, which don’t achieve the same feeling as natural light. These six blog posts will explain the different types of lighting that will help brighten up a room and mimic or enhance natural light.
- 8 Awesome Tips to Make Small Rooms Feel Big Make sure the windows are clean and not blocked, then add additional lamps to brighten up the room.
- Improve Your Home’s Look with These Wonderful Interior Decorating Tips By adding lighting to every room you can brighten the entire house.
- 5 Tips to Make Your Laundry Room Livelier The first thing you should do in your laundry room is update the lighting. Not only will it brighten the room, it will also help you see spots and stains clearly.
- Claudia Jacobs—Home Office Lighting Tips Layering lighting based on what you will be doing in the room will achieve the bright and airy atmosphere you want.
- Tips for Decorating an Open Floor Plan: Lots of Light Learn about different sources of light and how they work in different ways in your home.
- Tips to Choose Contemporary Bathroom Lighting Bathrooms can feel like a cave if the lighting isn’t right, so take a look at the tips in this blog post.
Sometimes achieving a bright and airy look can be accomplished with the right furniture and accessories. Light, sea-inspired colors and white furniture are great for decorating rooms that you want to achieve the open, airy feel in. Read these six blog entries to learn more about how to decorate a room, even a bathroom, to make it bright and airy.
- Summer Beach Cottage Designs Use mirrors to make the space feel bigger and to bounce around natural light.
- How to Make a Room Look Bigger Clever furniture placement can make a room feel bigger and more open.
- Quick Tips for a Spring Refresh Add white shimmery curtains to your room to make it feel light and airy.
- 2013 Innovative Interior Design Tips Use furniture in light colors to make a room appear more open.
- Bright Interior Design on Small Budget, Small Apartment Decorating in Scandinavian Style Use bright accents to add color, but keep the backgrounds light to add visual space.
- 9 Summer Home Decorating Ideas Switching out the pillows to something lighter is an easy way to help change the feel of the room.
Comments are closed.
Search for Housekeepers
- June 2014
- May 2014
- April 2014
- March 2014
- February 2014
- January 2014
- December 2013
- November 2013
- October 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012