25 Blogs Guaranteed to Help You Reduce Clutter in Your HomeFebruary 28, 2013 | in Housekeeping
It’s so easy to allow clutter to build up in your home. You store a few things in the loft or garage with the intentions of keeping it there until you get the time for a proper clean-out, and the next thing you know you have more clutter than space. It wouldn’t be so bad if the majority of clutter was actually worthless, however, more often than not there are hidden treasures lurking in the piles of junk. These 25 blogs specifically deal with how to reduce clutter in your home, so you can reclaim your living and storage space for better use.
Identify the Reasons for Your Clutter
There is no point in even attempting to reduce clutter in your home until you confront your bad habits. There may be a number of reasons why you or other members of the family allow clutter to build up in your home. It could be as simple as not having the time for the work involved in clearing out unwanted items. However, in some cases there are also underlying emotional attachments to clutter, which makes it difficult to let go. The former is easily addressed by forming better habits. The latter, on the other hand, could potentially require some serious soul searching, or in extreme cases, therapy.
- Do you have Hoarding Tendencies?
- What causes clutter in your life?
- What Your Clutter, Big or Small, Is Trying to Tell You
- The Top 6 Excuses for Clutter
- Stop Clutter Before it Starts
Taking the First Steps to a Clutter Free Home
Now that you know the underlying reasons for clutter, it’s time to start dealing with the problem. It may look like you have a huge mountain to climb; however, taking the first steps now is important. It is very unlikely that you will clear out all your clutter in a single day, week or even month, so don’t get frustrated if it is slow going to begin with. At this stage your focus should be on stopping additional clutter from building up, while gradually making a dent in your existing problem.
- Boxed in, wanting out
- 18 Five-Minute Decluttering Tips to Start Conquering Your Mess
- How Do I Begin to Declutter When I Feel Overwhelmed By My Stuff?
- What NOT To Do When Decluttering Your Home
- What to do? Other family members obstacle to decluttering.
Raising the Bar – Saying Goodbye to Clutter
Once you’ve started the process of reducing clutter in your home, it becomes easier to get rid of things you once thought held value. This is your chance to ramp things up a bit, before you start slipping into your old ways. Coming up with a plan of action and sticking to it is the key to success here. You are not out of the woods, yet. It only takes a few days of putting the task off for you to lapse back into letting clutter build up in your home.
- 10 Ways to Declutter Your Home
- Declutter Your Home Room-by-Room
- Saying Goodbye to Clutter
- How To Deal With Sentimental Clutter Without Feeling Guilty
- How To Clear Paper Clutter
Getting Value from Your Clutter
One man’s trash is another man’s treasure, as they say. While a lot of your clutter really will need to take a ride to the local dump, you may be able to salvage some of the items that you find. Much of your clutter will have recycle value, too, and not just in the traditional sense. You can sell or donate clothes, furniture, books and electronics, or recycle items that are worn out or broken. For the more imaginative among you, there is also the opportunity get creative with your recycling.
- Using Imagination to Reduce Clutter In Your Home
- 8 Unusual Ways to Recycle Your Old Electronic Components
- Organizing a Garage Sale
- Where to Donate Your Stuff: 101 Places Your Clutter Can Do Good
- 7 Unconventional and Creative Ways To Recycle
Continuing the Momentum
Reducing clutter in your home will significantly free up space; however, it is important to keep in mind how quickly clutter can accumulate again. Your only job now is to keep on top of things by maintaining your good habits. That means being organized, creating a schedule for reducing clutter each month and sticking to it.
- Get Organized! Stay Clutter-Free
- Doing Complete Work
- Eight Products to Keep Your Home Clutter-Free
- Emergency Decluttering Tips – How To Get A Clutter-Free House In Short Order!
- How to Control Clutter Creep
Comments are closed.
Search for Housekeepers
- June 2014
- May 2014
- April 2014
- March 2014
- February 2014
- January 2014
- December 2013
- November 2013
- October 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012