27 Blogs Featuring Healthy Summer Salad RecipesAugust 1, 2013 | in Housekeeping
When the days and nights are hot and muggy, the last thing you want to do is heat up the kitchen by turning on the oven. However, despite this, you likely still need to get a meal on the table that is both filling and nutritious. One way to accomplish this is by serving up healthy summer salads. For some crisp, refreshing recipes, check out these 27 blog entries, which are stocked with delicious, filling salads that will have your mouth watering.
From the Grill
While grill masters may disagree, the grill isn’t solely reserved for burgers and hotdogs. In fact, you can grill up everything from fruit to lettuce for an interesting twist on the classic salad. If you need some tips on how to use the grill while you’re crafting up your next salad, read these nine blog posts.
- Grilled Kale Salad with Berries & Nectarines Add a smoky flavor to your greens with this simple and quick salad recipe.
- Grilled Vegetable Summer Salad with Mozzarella Grilling veggies enhances their flavor, and can take a bed of lettuce to an entirely new level.
- Hungry Grilled Romaine Salad Recipe with Pompeian For this salad, slice your romaine head lengthwise and brush it with olive oil before lightly grilling it.
- Grilled Mexican Street Corn Salad You’ll need to grill up three ears of corn for this tasty and different recipe.
- Recipe of the Day: Honey-Chile-Ginger- Grilled Chicken and Peach Salad Not only is the chicken on this salad grilled, but the corn and peaches are too!
- Grilled Seafood Salad Recipes Grilled salmon tops off cool greens in this summer recipe.
- Recipe: Garlicky Grilled Kale Salad with Grilled Bread Top off this grilled salad with some grilled croutons for added crunch.
- Grilled Portobellos with Chopped Salad Use this meaty mushroom as a base for a filling chopped salad.
- Grilled Eggplant & Zucchini Salad Recipe with Feta, Chickpeas, & Mint Slice up both the eggplant and the zucchini and brush them with oil before grilling, then cube it up as a base for a few other healthy ingredients.
Make it a Meal
By adding some protein to your salad you can take it from a starter dish to the main meal. No time to cook? Pick up a rotisserie chicken from the market and add some chicken to your salad, or allow the chicken to cool and make some chicken salad sandwiches for a light supper. For more recipes for main dish salads, check out these nine blog entries.
- Healthy Dinner Recipe: Grilled Shrimp, Quinoa, and Watercress Salad This filling salad will come together in less than ten minutes.
- Chicken Salad with Pecans & Dried Cherries Savor this classic salad on a lettuce leaf or a soft roll for an easy dinner.
- 10 Hearty and Healthy Dinner Salads These 10 unique salads are all satiating enough for a meal.
- Easy Dinner Recipes—3 Light and Quick No-Cooking Salad Recipes for Hectic Summer Days You won’t have to worry about heating up the kitchen with any of these no-cook salad recipes.
- How to Make Amazing Salads in 5 Easy Steps These salads are easily assembled and easily customizable, so you can tailor them to fit your families tastes.
- Quinoa Salad, Healthy Dinner… You can make this simple salad in no time using ingredients you may already have around the house.
- Power-Up with Main Dish Salads! You can make a salad with more than just chicken; try one of these main dish salads using tenderloin, sirloin or beef tips.
- 6 Hearty, Healthy Dinner Salads For salads that come together in a snap, try some of these recipes; some come together in 15 minutes or less!
- Macca’s Meatless Monday: It’s Easy to Be Part of the Solution to Climate Change Not a meat eater? Try this salad that is loaded with protein sans the meat.
Put it on the Side
Salads are the perfect quick and healthy side dish to almost any meal, whether its soup, sandwiches or tacos. From green dinner salads to potato and pasta salads, your salad side dish options are endless. For healthy salads to serve on the side of any meal, take a look at these nine blog entries.
- Healthy Potato Salad: Barbeque Side Dish Extraordinaire It may sound like it, but healthy potato salad is not an oxymoron; for a satisfying, nutritious dish, give this vegan recipe a try.
- Best Ever Pasta Salad Recipe (With Homemade Dressing) There’s no mayonnaise in this pasta salad recipe, which cuts down on the calories and makes it a healthier side.
- Healthy No-Mayo Coleslaw Salad Recipe… Great for Picnics This basic recipe allows plenty of room for customization.
- Dry Jell-O Salad (Jello) Cottage Cheese Fruit Salad You can serve this brightly colored salad as both a side or a dessert.
- Summer Peach and Corn Salad The sweetness of the corn blends well with the sweet, juicy peaches in this salad.
- Healthy Garbanzo Bean Salad You can serve this salad on the side or serve it up with tortilla wedges as a meal in itself.
- Same Ingredients, Two Recipes—It’s Caprese Day at The Heritage Cook The classic ingredients of tomato, mozzarella and basil come together perfectly in this salad.
- 8 Salads So Good You Will Forget They are Healthy With eight solid recipes, you’ll have enough salad recipes for the whole week with the help of this post.
- Healthy Waldorf Salad Recipe Typically this salad would be loaded with mayonnaise, but this version uses only three tablespoons of fat-free mayo or yogurt.
Comments are closed.
Search for Housekeepers
- June 2014
- May 2014
- April 2014
- March 2014
- February 2014
- January 2014
- December 2013
- November 2013
- October 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012