30 Blogs with Tips for Beginning Bakers on How to Make Your Own BreadJuly 23, 2013 | in Housekeeping
There’s not much that rivals the smell of freshly baked bread, however many people shy away from baking a loaf of homemade bread because they mistakenly think it’s too big of a task to take on. There are an array of ways that you can bake your own bread at home, from traditional yeast bread to quick bread to muffins and more! These 30 blog entries will give you some basic instructions and recipes that will help get you started baking homemade bread; after you get started, you may never go back to store-bought again!
There may be no better stress reliever than pounding and kneading bread dough. Many people find bread making to be a cathartic experience. If you’re nervous about kneading, try a recipe that doesn’t require a heavy amount of it. Take a look at these six blog posts for a variety of yeast bread recipes.
- Making Bread at Home
- How to Make Basic White Sandwich Bread
- Make Bread at Home
- Baking Bread Brings Kneaded Therapy
- How to Bake Perfect Bread at Home
- Baking Bread at Home
If you can follow a recipe, you can make a quick bread. There are thousands of various quick bread recipes. Quick breads can be both sweet and savory, and you can also use a quick bread recipe to make muffins by adjusting the baking time. Check out these six blog articles to find some tasty quick bread recipes for beginners.
- Chocolate Buttermilk Bread
- Coffee Swirl Quick Bread
- Triple Coconut Chocolate Chip Quick Bread
- Fast and Easy Whole Wheat and Molasses Quick Bread
- Easy Cheese and Onion Quick Bread for Foodie Friday
- Whole Wheat Lemon Poppy Seed Quick Bread with Greek Yogurt Glaze
As a beginner baker, the muffin is probably one of the easiest breads to make. Most muffin recipes are pretty forgiving, and you can make sweet and savory muffins that are perfect for pairing with breakfast, dinner or dessert! Look at these blogs for six stellar recipes for interesting and different muffin recipes.
- Whole Wheat Blueberry Muffin Recipes—Get Ready for Blueberry Season!
- Making: Banana Muffins. And More Banana Muffins!
- Roasted Strawberry Muffins
- Homemade English Muffins
- Apricot Pecan Muffins
- Couscous Blueberry Muffins a Vegan Recipe
Amish friendship breads are made using a sourdough starter instead of yeast. Friendship breads, also known as starter breads, require making a starter and then stirring and feeding the dough for 10 days before making bread. Then the starter is separated and you can give some of it away to your friends. If you are interested in recipes to make the starter or recipes to make with the starter, you can find some great places to start on these six blog entries.
- Whole Wheat Amish Friendship Bread
- How to Make Amish Friendship Bread Starter and Sweet Bread
- Making Friendship Bread and Sharing with Friends
- Amish Friendship Bread Starter and Day 1
- The Amazing Amish Cinnamon Bread Alternative
- Delicious Amish Friendship Bread Starter
Bread machines take a lot of the legwork out of baking bread, making them a great starting point for beginners. Follow the directions in your bread machine manual about how to layer the ingredients into your machine, then turn it on and let it run. Bread machines can also be used just to make dough. Once the dough is ready you can use it to make things like cinnamon rolls and pita bread. These six blog articles will help you get started.
- Bread Machine Loaf Made with Soaked Flour
- How to Make Homemade Bread
- Four Seed White Whole Wheat Bread Machine Loaf
- Bread Machine Pita Bread
- Pecan Sticky Buns from Bread Machine Dough
- Bread Machine White Bread, Easy
Comments are closed.
Search for Housekeepers
- June 2014
- May 2014
- April 2014
- March 2014
- February 2014
- January 2014
- December 2013
- November 2013
- October 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012